Friday, November 20, 2009

Why am I not losing weight?



I hear this over and over again. I have been exercising why haven't I lost any weight? The answer is because you are eating too much of the wrong food. You have to be ACCOUNTABLE for what you eat. Keep a journal, write everything down. Especially this time of year where there is junk food everywhere. A handful here and there really adds up and can stop you from seeing results. So do I want you to eat lettuce throughout the holiday season? NO of course not. However, you can't expect to eat junk food everyday and see results though. For me, I will eat healthy right up until Thanksgiving and then I will enjoy my day. Eat what I want. If I want the piece of apple pie I will have a piece of apple pie. But the next day you find me back on the health and fitness wagon. No treats after that. I have learned that nothing tastes as good as lean feels. Yes the chocolate M&Ms might taste good but after I eat them I ALWAYS wish I hadn't. After repeating that vicious cycle over and over I have learned that it is NOT worth it.
It also took me a LONG time to realize how important diet is in the weight loss equation. It counts for 80%!!!! People that is HUGE!!! I was doing hard, extreme workouts 6-7 days a week. I was not seeing the results I wanted and felt like I deserved after working for so hard. I felt better about myself and I felt stronger but I didn't look any better. It was bikini season so I wanted my abs to start popping out. I wasn't getting results because I wasn't paying attention to what I was putting in my mouth. You have to feed your body to live. You are given one body, ONE BODY YOUR WHOLE LIFE, why are we/you not taking care of it??? I started writing everything I put in my mouth down. I used fitday.com. It's a free food tracker that really helped me see the whole picture. It's worth checking out. Once I figured out how to eat and what to eat everything slid into place. It all made sense after that. So the next time you go to eat a cookie look at the abs in the pic above. That lady did not get that body from eating cookies, or any other processed junk food. She got them from eating healthy and working her butt off. I am here to help so if you have questions please ask me. Email me at ashlee.e.mac@gmail.com I'd be happy to help in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment