Monday, February 1, 2010

Eating Out at Olive Garden


I went out to eat at Olive Garden probably 4 months ago. It was not my first choice because when you think Olive Garden you think bread sticks, pasta, creamy white sauce, and salad loaded with a high fat dressing. I was very surprised to find that they had a healthy dish there called Grilled Apricot chicken with asparagus and brocolli. It was very yummy! I kept the apricot sauce on mine because I"m not in super duper training mode with a baby girl on the way. However, after I have this baby I will be eating clean 110% so I would ask them for no sauce, or to put the sauce on the side. I didn't have any breadsticks or anything extra. This was a lunch date, had it been for dinner I probably would have got the Minestrone soup to go along with my meal. I left very satifified and with no regret!
My point to all this rambling is you can always "clean up" your meal in a restaurant.
Select foods which are:

  • Steamed
  • Garden fresh
  • Broiled
  • Baked
  • Roasted
  • Poached
  • Lightly sauteed or stir-fried
  • Ask for double veggies instead of a carb such as mashed potato or rice.
  • Try to stay away from the bread bowl even it's calling out your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment