Friday, February 26, 2010

I found a way!


Ok so my bag of greenberry Shakeology was starting to accumulate some dust. My friend Holly has been ranting and raving about how much more energy she has since she committed to drinking it everyday. I attended a webinar where a nurse talked about the benefits of Shakeology. She did a wonderful job because after the webinar I was dusting of my bag of greenberry Shakeology and ready to give it another try. Actually, while I was listening I was thinking of all the people I know who this could really help. Hence, both my parents are signing up tonight for it :) My mom has had really low energy levels and would like to tone up doing the Shakeology workouts. My dad is currently on the Atkins diet (boo from me), he is also trying to lose weight without working out :) I am going to try to convince him he can do at least 3 days a week of either the Shakeology DVDs or P90. I will keep you updated on their progress.
So anyways, the reason my Shakeology was collecting dust was because I hadn't found a recipe that I liked yet. Holly drinks her with 8 ounces of cold water. That's it. I tried that and managed to drink 5 gulps before dumping it down the drain. I was very discouraged because this drink is very expensive and it tasted awful!!! However, after the webinar it got me thinking about all the benefits of it and how I coulnd't just give up on it. So I tried the chocolate flavor the next day. I happened to be going to an ultrasound appointment so I had to drink it with water in the car. You know what? It wasn't bad! It went down a little slow but I was able to drink the whole thing. Day 3 of trying Shakeology I noticed I had more energy so I was kind of excited to try it again. Holly had sent me an email earlier in the day with different suggestions to spice up your Shakeology. Some of the ideas are crystal light, orange juice, and instant pudding mix in particular the cheesecake flavor. Hmmmm...so I decided I was going to try the greenberry flavor again. I was not looking forward to this drink. I poked in my cupboards and I found the little crystal light packets you can dump into your water bottle. I happened to have the Crystal Light immunity on the go Cherry Pomegranate flavor. I dumped a whole packet in my blender, 1 scoop of ice, 1 cup of water, and 1 scoop of greenberry shakeology. IT WAS REALLY GOOD!!! I was so shocked and happy that I really truly enjoyed drinking it. Next time I will probably only use 1/2 a packet or less because it was really really sweet. I put it in a a fancy cup and pretended I was lounging by the pool enjoying life. I have committed to drinking it everyday for 30 days and I've already noticed I have more energy. If you've tried Shakeology before and didn't care for it try it again. It may surprise you!


No comments:

Post a Comment